Pipe Design Engineering is counted as an important department in diverse stream of engineering such as Mechanical, Chemical, Petroleum and Production Engineering. Pipes and its related equipments are responsible for 25% of total investments in varied sectors including chemical, pharmaceutical, power plants, LPG / CNG Plant, Distribution System, oil and petrochemical plants. That why Piping Design Engineering plays an imperative role in plant Design and its Construction.
All professionals like Mechanical Engineers, System Designers, and Production & Manufacturing Engineers with awareness of piping design engineering are permitted to make effectual & competent designs, prepare of accurate equipment specification and route layouts etc., in any EPC company.
A large number of global challenges which include protection against corrosion, safeguarding pipelines, pipe coating, pipe bending, pipe welding, leak detection in long-Online pipelines and offshore services, cleaning of pipelines, efficient use of pipe etc, create the requirement of specialized piping design engineers.
• Basics of Oil & Gas/ Power Industry & introduction to commonly used terminology.
• Role of a Piping Engineer in various fields of industry.
• Introduction to Various piping components (Pipe, Fittings, Flanges, Valves, gaskets, Strainer, Steam Trap etc)
• Codes & Standards.
• Pipe Wall Thickness Calculation
• Branch reinforcement calculation
• Pipe Hydraulics & Line Sizing
• Introduction to of Equipments Used in Process/ Power Plants & study of Equipment datasheet/ GADs .
• PMS & VMS.
• Introduction to P&ID symbols.
• PFD, P&ID.
• Layout: Designing of piping of Various equipments, Equipment layout, Pipe Rack, Nozzle Orientation, Steam tracing, Steam piping, Drip leg Piping, Underground piping etc.
• Study of GAD isometric drawing.
• Guidelines to preparation of as built drawings.
• Preparation of Isometric drawings and Bill of Materials.
• Steam Tracing & insulation
• Piping Supports.